I know… long time no see. I’ll talk about where all of that 2015 writing adrenaline dissipated in another entry, but for now, let me tell you all about waking up at 6h00.
The alarm goes off and I’m still immersed in a dream. I open my eyes, turn on the lights and gaze at the hour-clock: it is definitely 6h00 AM.
The very first thoughts that submerge are persuading me to go back to bed for another hour. But I just get up. In fact, the secret is just to get up and do not think about it. It is not easy. But it is worth it. 🙂
It’s crazy how your perception of the world becomes different when you wake-up while the majority is still sleeping.
So much free time and so many things to do.
Deciding to wake-up very early is allowing yourself to enjoy a world with less fuss and more time for yourself.
No matter what happens during the day, you would still feel accomplished because you did something not all of us do: having the courage not to snooze.
“But, I usually have nothing to do in the mornings”… well you can:
- Workout (before it falls off that to-do-list)
- Take an energizing shower
- Make a healthy breakfast
- Clean your space and de-clutter
- Read a good book (tempted to buy “The Miracle Morning” by Hal Elrod)
- Meditate or pray
- Find a new hobby to awaken your creativity (I’m going through the coloring books phase for now!)
- Plan out the most important tasks of the day to set yourself-up for success.
- Take the time to be grateful and honor where you are today
Trust me; your life is not only your day-job and late-night parties. Personally, I find that mornings give me the perfect time to be conscious of my existence and where I am heading as a human being.
But hey! You do your thing! 🙂